474 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Drew_Nemer
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

I am trying to make a graph that will demonstrate clients that are coming to these mandatory briefings, however I have to use two date fields to represent their attendance since each client has two opportunities to attend one of their mandatory briefings. 

The fields are:

ISSUANCE BRIEFING (1st ATTEMPT)

ISSUANCE BRIEFING (2nd ATTEMPT)

and there is

IB1 Attended <-- Single Select field that is for selecting Attended or not Attended for the first briefing

IB2 Attended <-- Single Select field that is for selecting Attended or not Attended for the second briefing.

Due to AirTable limitations, I cannot easily show in a bar graph where it has a combination of all people attending each briefing, and can be grouped by attended and not attended and/or distinguish how many people in this meeting are going to their first attempt or second.

AirTable forces only one X value.

So I am looking for automations or ways to visually represent this data.

Drew

4 Replies 4
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You’re looking for charts that allow “multiple series” on the X-axis. I actually had 2 clients who needed this exact same thing within the last month.

Be sure to send this in as a feature request to support@airtable.com.

In the meantime, you’d have to turn to external charting/graphing apps to do this.

Some apps that support this are: Google Sheets, Microsoft Excel, Databox, Tableau, Vega Lite, Nocodechart, QuickChart, Looker Studio, Knack, Flourish, and Image-Charts.

I always use Make’s automations 100% of the time to integrate Airtable with charting apps.

And then, after automatically generating the chart, you could:
(1) automatically embed that chart into an attachment field in Airtable, or
(2) automatically add the direct links to the charts in URL fields in Airtable.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld 

Dan_Montoya
Community Manager
Community Manager

Airtable can graph multiple X values on a graph.

Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 6.20.57 AM.png

This works by using a date field as the primary field. Each X value you want to graph needs its own row in the table with an associated value.  In this example, I've downloaded the stock prices for Meta and AAPL over time and put them both in the same table.  The fields I use are date, stock and closing price

Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 6.23.44 AM.png

Using the Dashboard Interface select line graph, 

X-Axis : Date

Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 6.24.50 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 6.24.58 AM.png

 If your data isn't organized by date, item, and value, create an automation that runs on a regular scheduled time to take a snapshot of your data.  

Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 6.25.06 AM.png

This results in the following graph over the past year:

Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 6.30.02 AM.png

@Dan_Montoya  That is very cool! Could you put in the request with Airtable for us to get this exact same functionality with bar charts as well?

I suppose I would have to adjust my table to fit this structure. May not exactly fit my needs as a practical matter of my specific use case