Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GolfCartsUSA
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have the below interface

GolfCartsUSA_0-1710772459504.png

The idea is to give the service team members a touchable sheet they can use a tablet to checkoff when putting a cart together. However, the checklist is not editable inside of the interface which seems really stupid to not be able to do, plus for whatever reason isn't even viewable inside of a tablet/phone so defeats the purpose entirely. Any ideas?

21 Replies 21
Joseph_Roza
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

This is where record templates come into play: https://support.airtable.com/docs/using-record-templates-in-airtable

For instance, create another table called 'Projects'. Link it to your tasks table. Then create a template for the Projects table with however many repeatable tasks (child records, as they're referred to in record templates) you need it in. Now, in the interface, you'll be able to create a new 'project' based on a template, and all those repeatable tasks will be created in the tasks table, without having to uncheck and recheck each item.

I think we're almost there. Thank you for the help. So we have our main table, pipeline, which is our sales pipe line, broken down by views. So once a customer has placed their deposit, they move into the preparing for delivery view. On another table, checklists &  SOPs, is where we initially housed that checklist. 

So I'm assuming I would make a record template there, but then in the automation/connecting how would I make it to where every lead once in Preparing for delivery view had their own templated record from the checklists and SOPs table?

Joseph_Roza
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Use an automation with a trigger of 'when record enters view'. The next step in the automation is 'Create record'. Select the table with the project template (which contains the list of child records task list), then for 'Create record' option of that 'Create record' automation step, select 'From a template' and select your newly created template. I hope that makes sense. Let me know if you have any questions.

Won't that just create duplicate leads in the pipeline?

And then if we made it ready for delivery inside of the interface, we would then have to go back and do it again on the original lead?

Joseph_Roza
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Apologies. You should use 'Update Record' as opposed to 'Create Record' automation action. This will allow you to update fields of existing records, as opposed to creating new ones. I'm not sure what you mean by your second question. Can you clarify?

GolfCartsUSA

You answered it. Let me build it now and see if it works

GolfCartsUSA

Could you take a screenshot of your automation trying this. Not seeing anywhere to make a template

Joseph_Roza
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

6VR5pV1xXO.png

 After you select the Update Record automation step, this is where you select to update from a Template.

GolfCartsUSA

got it to work. Have a way more complex one if you want the challenge!