Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GolfCartsUSA
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have the below interface

GolfCartsUSA_0-1710772459504.png

The idea is to give the service team members a touchable sheet they can use a tablet to checkoff when putting a cart together. However, the checklist is not editable inside of the interface which seems really stupid to not be able to do, plus for whatever reason isn't even viewable inside of a tablet/phone so defeats the purpose entirely. Any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Joseph_Roza
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

6VR5pV1xXO.png

 After you select the Update Record automation step, this is where you select to update from a Template.

See Solution in Thread

21 Replies 21

You make it editable in the right margin. 

The text fields aren't editable unfortunately /:

GolfCartsUSA_0-1710778253696.png

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Did you just type that text on the interface? If you just type text on an interface, that is not editable. Typed text is for you to provide headers or instructions. Only fields can be edited in Airtable.

Right, but theres not another way to get a clickable checklist in Airtable interfaces that I'm aware of outside of creating a field for every single item

Joseph_Roza
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I believe on the dashboard interface view, list items are not able to be edited at all. I don't know if they plan on changing this in the future, but for now, it's a limitation of the new dashboards. 

Joseph_Roza
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Apologies for not looking more in-depth to your issue. I think, in your case, it's best to create a checklist of records using the list view, rather than using the deprecated checklist text type on the interfaces. I kind of wish they would remove that option, as it's a bit counterintuitive. You would then have an editable, clickable checklist.

Was actually easier to do this than I thought it would be. What would you recommend to make this accessible from mobile or tablet? Kinda defeats the whole purpose of an interface

Joseph_Roza
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Use the dedicated list view interface page, then ensure allow users to edit/add/remove records inline is toggled on. This will be mobile optimized and editable.

chrome_HSZAG17eX8.png

chrome_Q7GfsOC9SM.png

The problem with this here, is that each record needs a fresh list of boxes to check, otherwise, if they follow the SOP checklist for lead A, then they would have to manually unclick everything then refollow the checklist for lead B