1093 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shannon_Bradley
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hello everyone 🙂 Working on learning Interfaces, which are pretty neat! I have a pair of lists that I am bringing in with some fields I need NOT editable by the user, but some that are (see image, only the 3 arrows show the fields I want editable)

ATInterface1.jpg

Is there a way to do this without adding extra fields that are something like formulas to show name etc? I'm sure it is something very simple that I am missing!

Thanks!

4 Replies 4
Shannon_Bradley
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I'm testing but I think I may have figured it out....I need to update each field with edit permissions and then set specific people up to match. Bunch more backend work but I think it will do the trick?

guillnejs
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi,

I am wondering if you could explain how you went about setting up specific permissions on fields in an interface. 

I am using a list interface and want to set specific permissions just like how you explained it. 

I keep forgetting to do testing on it, but here is my thought process. Each input field in AT has the right click menu with an option to edit permissions:

ATPerms1.jpg So I selected that option. Then within the new window I changed the setup to allow ONLY myself to edit the field instead of allowing everyone:

ATPerms2.jpg And now I am just waiting on one of my other users to have a minute to test the result in the Interface for me. *EDIT* I had one of my users test it, and they were NOT able to edit the values in this field. So it works!

HI, thank you for the reply! I actually tested this out last week. I set the permissions on the fields to specific people and it restricted the field on the interface. 

It is the best way I also figured out how to set field permission on a list interface.