3535 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrey_Kovalev
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

I tried using interface designer and it is a very cool feature. One thing I would suggest to have is a sharing the interface like a view. For example, I would like to share particular interface in read only mode and do not want the user to be able to go and see all contents of the base. Currently, if I give read-only permissions the user can go and see all tables in the base.

82 Replies 82
Noah_Steinberg
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Please do this!!!

Nadja_Michel-He
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

If you publish a base to the Airtable Universe does that enable interface sharing? I combed through a bunch of examples on the Universe but didn’t see any with dashboards/interfaces…

David_Fulton
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes please! I know you can share read only links to an entire base and create a dashboard from that, but Interfaces need it as well as dashboards have limited functionality.

Elaine_O_Byrne
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Being able to share a read only “view” of my Interface is top priority for our business and clients. The fact there’s been radio silence on this topic since last Oct/Nov’s roll out is a major reason we are divesting from Airtable… That and no more API keys being handed out. Please, please, please give us users an updated on this important feature.

Lynne_Fetterman
5 - Automation Enthusiast

+10 here too. It’s frustrating to be so close!

Nikhil1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1. Outright waste of time and useless without public sharing.

Patrick_Bliss

+1 for me. This is vitally necessary for front-facing customers.

Tristan-ARG
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 for this! It should exist!

Christopher_go1

Awaiting a few months already!
!!! Airtable Team how long do we need to wait for it ?!?!
:pray: :pray: :pray:

Pessimistically, due to Airtable’s silence on this core feature, I believe that they intend to keep things the way they are and force people to pay for full licensing for all recipients to use interfaces. I think its the wrong long term choice, but that does seem to be the choice they are making.