2523 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrey_Kovalev
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

I tried using interface designer and it is a very cool feature. One thing I would suggest to have is a sharing the interface like a view. For example, I would like to share particular interface in read only mode and do not want the user to be able to go and see all contents of the base. Currently, if I give read-only permissions the user can go and see all tables in the base.

82 Replies 82

In my personal experience, Airtable’s silence on topics means very little other than the fact that Airtable does not want to publicly comment on the issue.

Which is an endorsement of the status quo and keeps users in the dark. Not saying anything is “saying” something.

Stephanie_Edwar
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer
  • 1! Having the option for a read-only Interface would solve a huge amount of problems with presenting data to stakeholders who are not in Airtable (and don’t ever want to be), but want a high-level overview of data contained & managed in Airtable.
JonahM
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Is it possible to share Interface with access to base - all in Read-Only?

Yes, although read-only users will still be able to see the entire base and they will not be able to create or edit records. You also will not be charged for read-only users.

thanks so much. Do I do one by one? i.e. first add as collaborator to base, and then afterwards add as collaborator to itnerface?

Adding to one automatically grants access to the other.

AlaT
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for this feature.

Like others, I need to report data up to senior stakeholders who will not bother creating or logging into an Airtable account. I’ve wasted time building an interface I am unable to share 😠

Jacob_Wood
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1.

Like many others above, I assumed this would be a standard feature and now have an interface that will never be used.

Christopher_Mur
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Agreed, sharing link for interfaces is imperative.

Balint_Pataki

Really need this. Actually, now need to consider not using Airtable unless I find a workaround to collect input from clients.

Nik_von_Pueckle
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 want to share my interface with externals without them seeing the data!

Josh_Brown

This option is now available per the new Connected Apps announcement. That being said, still no info on if you have to pay for collaborators on Interface-Only view

@Josh_Brown I have just found this long-awaited feature! Thanks to the community Airtable team finally did it! It seems to be working fine - no access to the base. Now I must check if read-only collaborator costs additionally.

Read-only shouldn’t cost more. I will be testing this out soon tho. I did test adding comment collaborators and that does affect billing. Very, unfortunate as this would have made for a perfect customer portal, but not possible with the crazy additional cost for adding seats for customers.

I just tested this on my Pro Plan. If you invite a “Read only” collaborator to an Interface there is no additional billing/charges to your account. Per my previous reply, however, if you invite as a “Commenter” or “Editor” it will add the invitee as a paid collaborator to your account :confused:

Yep, I’ve tested too. As for commenters/editors, it was expected to be paid. Anyway, free read-only has already been a big deal. At least I do not need to search for an alternative dashboard solution.

Nik_von_Pueckle
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I can’t see the option of only sharing read-only interface and not base? How does one do this?

Is your base part of a Pro or Enterprise workspace? This feature is not available in free and plus workspaces.

Hi - yes we have a Pro account.