2684 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ron_Daniel
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Longtime Airtable user, but limited experience with Interfaces.

My regular workflow has three browser windows open at once:
Window 1: Shows the fields of one record from Table A
Window 2: Shows a filtered view of the records in Table B
Window 3: Shows a filtered view of the records in Table C

Is there a way to create a single interface to show these things?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yes, you can show records from multiple tables in a single interface page.

How you go about it depends on whether or not you want to see linked records.

If the records are not linked, you can have independent grid views, each with their own filters. I like to use a filter element for this. Note that filter elements are not as robust as the filters in a view.

If the records are linked, you can show a grid of linked record. Note that if you want to show records from two tables away, you would need a second record picker based on the previous linked record field.

Another technique I use is to use a multiple-collaborators field in the parent record, paired with a script that ensures that a given collaborator is only in a single parent record. The other tables have chained lookups of the multiple-collaborator field. In the interface, the child and grandchild tables are filtered to only show records where the lookup of the multiple-collaborator field includes the current user.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yes, you can show records from multiple tables in a single interface page.

How you go about it depends on whether or not you want to see linked records.

If the records are not linked, you can have independent grid views, each with their own filters. I like to use a filter element for this. Note that filter elements are not as robust as the filters in a view.

If the records are linked, you can show a grid of linked record. Note that if you want to show records from two tables away, you would need a second record picker based on the previous linked record field.

Another technique I use is to use a multiple-collaborators field in the parent record, paired with a script that ensures that a given collaborator is only in a single parent record. The other tables have chained lookups of the multiple-collaborator field. In the interface, the child and grandchild tables are filtered to only show records where the lookup of the multiple-collaborator field includes the current user.

Is there a way to display data aggregated between two tables in the interface?

For example I have inventory of physical computers and virtual machines in two tables, and they share a lot of fields, so I'd like to show a total count summed between them or based on a field condition.