Help

Is there a way sort record templates in Interface?

362 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cristopherlucia
5 - Automation Enthusiast

We are planning to use record templates in our organization for records (jobs) that we build a lot. We will probably reach the 100max limitation, which is fine. The problem is that every time I add a new record template, I have to go to the interface, remove all templates and then add them again so they are on order. Otherwise, the template that I add at the end will be at the bottom of the list and it will be difficult for my team to find that template. I tried dragging them up/down but it won't work.

I would like to have the below sorted by name;

cristopherlucia_0-1687728049049.png

For example:

Cherrys: E12738

Flender: E10346

Shibaura: E11334

2 Replies 2
Felicia-J

Was there any update to this? We recently upgraded our plan so that we have 500 record templates, but as you can imagine, that list is going to be difficult to manage without any method to sort/categorize. 

cristopherlucia

Hi Felicia,

There hasn't been any update regarding this. I ended up removing the templates as these were hard to sort and keep organized.

I created a new "Template" table for my team that they can use to create new records on the main table using a button. The button runs an automation that basically duplicates the current record and adds it to the main board. It works perfectly fine in our application.