Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Navigate between interfaces with custom filters

260 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Minez97
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer
I have a database with two tables connected in a one-to-many schema. I built an interface with two pages, and I would like to link them using filters so that when the user clicks a button in the parent page, the child interface page with childrens data opens, filtered by the selected parent.

Is there a way to implement this natively or through a URL?
3 Replies 3

Hello,

Here is an example.

Parent page

My parent page is a list of car brands and is the only page visible in the interface:

Pascal_Gallais_0-1728568511442.png

When I click on the icon 🔎 for a given brand, it opens a page with the list of this brand's car models:

Pascal_Gallais_1-1728568594626.png

To do that, you first create you "child page". It must be a type of page that can be filtered by your parent field, a record review page on field brand in this example.

Publish you child page a copy the URL up to the equal sign:

Pascal_Gallais_2-1728568754721.png

Go to you parent table and add 2 fields:

Pascal_Gallais_3-1728568799048.png

"Brand zoom page" is a formula to concatenate the copied URL part with each record id using Airtable RECORD_ID() function:

Pascal_Gallais_4-1728568902102.png

"Brand zoom" is a button connected to the URL from field "Brand zoom page":

Pascal_Gallais_5-1728568959775.png

You can then go back to you interface to add field "Brand zoom" in the parent page and to hide the child page.

Regards,

Pascal

How did you link the two tables? I followed the steps, but it always loads all the results from the child table.

Thanks a lot for the response

Hello,

My example uses 2 tables, table "Brand" being the parent table and table "Model" being the child table.

In table "Model", each record is linked to a unique brand, meaning that when my "Child page" is filtered by a brand, it only shows the models belonging to this brand.

Could you send me some screen captures of what you have done so that I can understand better what is not set as it should be?

Thanks

Pascal