1276 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stephen_Curtis
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi all, not sure if I’m doing something wrong here or if it’s a bug…

I have a base table with a list of sales orders and I’m trying to create a chart in my interface summing up all sales in monthly buckets.

Initially creating the chart defaults to counting records and I get a bar chart as you would expect. BUT when I switch to SUM by the field containing my sales values I get a blank graph.

Do my settings look right? Am I doing something right or could this be a bug?

7 Replies 7
Nicole_Hawkesf1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I think I have the same problem. I am trying to create a bar chart of clients by revenue sum, and I cannot get it to generate - I get the “internal error, try refreshing” message in place of the chart, but no matter how many times I refresh it won’t load. The minute I change it to a pie chart, it’s fine.

Stephen_Curtis
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi @Nicole_Hawkesford,

Strangely, I have another base I have generated a view for which has currency values I have successfully bar charted. I’ll try to do some comparison and see why one might be working and another not. Could be me doing something wrong at this rate.

Joe_Hewes
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Yep I’ve got this issue too - if you change the currency to $ it should resolve it. Also mentioned here: [Bug] Field summary in charts does not work with currency columns when using a symbol other than $
I guess it’s time to move State side :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey @Joe_Hewes ,

This worked for me. This would be why my other interface which has values in $ was working but my UK business in £ was not.

Thanks for the work around.

Nicole_Hawkesf1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

No, I think mine is a different root cause, because my revenue field is not formatted as currency or with any currency symbol. It’s actually a computed formula field, maybe that’s contributing somehow?

Hi @Nicole_Hawkesford ,

It does sound different. Incidentally, my was a calculated field (formula) with currency formatting.

Pretty sure this doesn’t help but I thought I’d clarify.

Joe_Hewes
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Might want to start your own thread @Nicole_Hawkesford