1100 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
geophile
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

This is odd. If I create a Timeline view under the Data tab, I can group by a multi-select, and there is a handy option: "Split multiple values into individual groups". So if I have this data:

option1, option2  A  B  C
option3           D  E  F

This option gives me this instead:

option1           A  B  C
option2           A  B  C
option3           D  E  F

which is exactly what I want!

But this option is not available for grouping a Timeline created as an interface?

Why the discrepancy? Will this be fixed?

2 Replies 2
Ailton_Santos
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi @geophile , how are you?

This is the result of the multi-select function is normal, if you want only one result in the field, you need to change the configuration of the field to single select.

There is a way to solve it.

1) Create a new column and use the formulas to copy the second option from the first to the second  column, using the SEARCH() or FIND() formulas, like this:

FIND( ",", FIELD_NAME) - This formula will give you the exact position the comma is, in this example at position #8.

Then, you can use this formula: RIGHT(FIELD_NAME, 8), this formula will get all information that is on right, starting from position 8, which in this example, is only "option 2" text.

If the name of the position does not change (fixed word), you can use only one formula (RIGHT). 

2) After that, you have to use the function to create a new line in the table automatically using IF() or other alternative formulas.

I hope this instruction helps you.

Have a good day! 🙂

Ailton Santos

LisGeertje
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hii 🙂 Just tagging along, I have the same problem and am super interested in potential updates/fixes. 

(I am using a "Link to another record" field to link staff members to events - I want to use the timeline to visualise who is occupied at what time. It can be split on the base with ease - but on the interface that functionality, indeed, appears to not be available (yet?).)