1195 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andyh
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I've got an interface showing a list of all customers who we are awaiting information from.

How would I go about sending those customers an email, when I click a button to do so in an interface? 

I don't want to do it automatically when they enter a view because there's a manual review step beforehand.

I thought I'd found a solution via the sendgrid extension but it looks like that's only possible via data tables, not interfaces. I also tried triggering an automation via a button click but I could only get that to work with the record picker (i.e. one record at a time), rather than in bulk.

I feel like I'm not seeing a relatively obvious solution here!

Any guidance appreciated.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yeah...you're not missing anything I'm afraid.  The only way I know to do this involves:
1. Having a record picker on the page so that I can run an automation that say, ticks a checkbox
2. Have another automation that triggers whenever a record has that checkbox ticked

And so, for your context, the second automation would:
1. Look for all the customers that you're awaiting information from via a "Find Record" action
2. Send them an email
3. Untick the checkbox

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yeah...you're not missing anything I'm afraid.  The only way I know to do this involves:
1. Having a record picker on the page so that I can run an automation that say, ticks a checkbox
2. Have another automation that triggers whenever a record has that checkbox ticked

And so, for your context, the second automation would:
1. Look for all the customers that you're awaiting information from via a "Find Record" action
2. Send them an email
3. Untick the checkbox

Gotcha, that would mostly do what I need - thanks! I Hadn't thought of the manual check and automated uncheck option 🙂