3951 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Devorah_Mandelb
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a linked field in my Customer’s Table called services. On the interface page I want to show the notes of those services. Currently I have a Gallery View, but you can only show 4 lines of the field. Is there any way to show more information without having to click and open the Service?
Or is there another way to show this data?
Thank you,

5 Replies 5

If you place the long text field itself on your interface (outside of the gallery element), it will actually expand vertically to show you the full contents of the field.

Devorah_Mandelb
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

How would I do that with a linked field (there are more than one services per client)

There are at least 2 different ways of doing it with a linked record field (and there might be more that I’m not thinking of at the current moment):

1. Two-page solution: You can click on the linked record field and then choose the option to “Allow Users To Open Record Details”. Then, configure the record details and make sure the long text field is visible. It will automatically expand to show you everything.

2. One-page solution: You can drag a record picker element onto your screen to pull data from your services table, and have it linked to either your ENTIRE services table (showing all services in your entire base), or you can filter it by linking it to a previous record picker that you have already placed on your screen for your customers (which would only show you services for the currently-selected customer). Then, drag the notes field onto your screen, which will show up as one of your element choices that are linked to your new record picker. That notes field will automatically expand to show you all of the notes.

Thanks for these ideas, however each one of these is a two step solution. I’m guessing there is no way to have it look like the gallery view, but have more lines of a single field

@Devorah_Mandelb, I'm so curious. Did you find a solution to this? I'm trying to do something 'directionality' similar. And/or how would you achieve this...

Who knows how to achieve this? If you have two tables that are linked together where each record can be linked to multiple records in the other table...

My question and goal is... How can I quickly see one table in a way that shows each/one record with the sub.linked records one per line below it? When all the linked records are just in one field bunched up, it's hard to see all of them clearly.

How do I get to see this...?

Table 1 parent record #1
- table 2 linked record 1 (linked under parent table 1 record #1)
- table 2 linked record 2 (linked under parent table 1 record #1)
- table 2 linked record 3 (linked under parent table 1 record #1)

Table 1 parent record #2
- table 2 linked record 4 (linked under parent table 1 record #2)
- table 2 linked record 5 (linked under parent table 1 record #2)
- table 2 linked record 6 (linked under parent table 1 record #2)

Background:
I have two tables ('Ideas' table and 'Pillar' table) that have links of records between them. One idea can be linked to multiple pillars, and one pillar can be linked to multiple ideas. Here is an example of what it looks like below, you can see a small part of each of the two tables.

Thanks SO much!