436 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guillaume_Boill
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello, I have the need for a "staging" environment for interfaces. By that, I mean it would be valuable for me if I could "disconnect" the interface from the underlying data when needed. The idea is to avoid having users see intermediate states of the database while it is being updated. While the read-only interface is "disconnected", users can only see the data just before the disconnection and would see the new state once the interface owner re-engage the connection.

3 Replies 3
IPS_Grow_Admin
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey, I would maybe duplicate the Interface and keep it unpublished? Or simply make the changes in the Interface you have but do not hit Publish?

Guillaume_Boill
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi, that would work to stage the interface look & feel but what I am interested in is staging the data itself. In other words, I would be interested in having the interface show a snapshot of the data until I am done updating the data....

Guillaume_Boill
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I figured out a way which consist in introducing an overarching table of versions and use this version as a prefix of the actual records. It is quite involved but remains manageable.