cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AirBenderMarcus
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hello,

I was elated at the ability to prefill forms in interfaces just like you can do with the standard forms. However, I'm not able to prefill a linked record in an interface form.

I was successfully able to prefill other field types with the interface form, just not the linked record.

In addition, I tested the same prefill string on both a regular form and an interface form and even "hardcoded" the string with the Field ID and Record ID (?prefill_fldXXX=recXXX). It worked as expected on the regular form but not on the interface form.

Is this functionality not yet possible (other posts on here suggest it should be)? Is this a bug?

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

Sorry @AirBenderMarcus , I don't have an answer, just another question.  Was there an announcement that prefill was even available on interface forms?  I asked about this in June when they announced the latest updates to interface forms, and their only response was that they were working on it.  How Airtable of them!

The date I've been seeing thrown around for this update is 7/31. I didn't see any announcement personally.

Claudio_Brenni
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Same problem here. There is any update about that?

Erwan_Pannier1
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Bug is still happening as of January 2024

Similar issue when there is  a %0A (linefeed) in a rich text data field I'm trying to pre-populate, it works fine in the legacy forms, but creates a blank page when trying exact same pre-fill with an interface based form.