Help

Re: What is the purpose of the built in checkbox in the list view?

681 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hiinky
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hiinky_0-1679683483821.png

What is the purpose of the built-in line select checkbox in an interface using list view?  I can't find any reference to it or samples of its use.  Is it just a relic from the data view?

2 Replies 2
Vic_Airtable
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there!

The checkbox you're referring to is called a prefix. Prefixes are essentially a checkbox field that provides an easy way for you and other colleagues to know when an item has been completed. 

To add or remove a prefix field in List view, access the Customize rows setting and choose the desired option:

You can see a checkbox field prefixed to the first field of your lowest-level table (and your nested records, if that’s enabled). This checkbox field’s name will not be visible and will be indented alongside nested records.

Hope this helps explain things a bit more clearly!

Actually, I think you may be referring to the record checkbox instead. This works much like it does in a grid view where you can select multiple records at one time and perform an action such as Duplicate record, Create record template, Apply template, Add comment, Copy record URL, and Delete record. To view the options, select a record by clicking the checkbox and right-click:

If you select multiple records and then right-click, you can delete multiple records at once:

Please let me know if you're referring to something else!