662 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bernadette_Henn
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am looking for someone that can set up reports, with buttons to choose which fields show up on the report and export the selected information to a nicely designed (with our logo) spreadsheet or PDF.

4 Replies 4

Hi @Bernadette_Hennessy and welcome to the community.

I have done this many times, but it requires an external process running a G-Suite (or Gmail) account and a fair bit of API and coding skill.

Example…

The way I created an automated and highly visual process is to pull the data from Airtable (via the API) into the G-Suite environment using Google Apps Script. Then, using the native aspects of Google Docs (and Slides in some cases) I built various report templates with placeholders for the data including text narratives and charts.

Then I created a simple table (in Airtable) so users could administer automation properties such as how often a report was generated, who should receive it, and the template it should be based on.

Lastly, I built the scripting process to do it all without any manual effort. This involves establishing repeatable processes that use Google’s integrated chron-job platform for running scripts at various intervals.

As you can see, this is not a product or a recipe, there are no succinct steps and clicks anyone could follow to just implement this. Rather, it is a solution crafted for a business that embraces automation process to make its workers productive and especially where data and visualizations are key to their communications success.

All I did was leverage the great elements of Airtable which the client loves, and make it possible to build and manage the reporting process far beyond anything we could ever expect Airtable to provide.

Here’s an example output. All of the data in these pages came from Airtable.

image.png

image.png

image.png

Andrew_Johnson1
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hi Bernadette,
What you are wanting to achieve is definitely well within my area of expertise and I would be glad to help you build this out.
You can reach me on andrewjohnson56782@gmail.com
Best Wishes,
Andrew

Bill,

I would be looking to get reports like the one attached .It would pull from calculated fields. Some clients would have multiple tabs in their budget and there would need to be a total page. Is this something you can do?

(Attachment Sample budget.xlsx is missing)

Yea, I can probably help. The Excel document didn’t attach to the message, so feel free to send it over to me at bill.french@gmail.com.