1364 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael_Harriso
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Our business has used Airtable to make a database for our direct to consumer manufacturing business. The good news is that our business has grown, the bad is that we are constantly fighting with the 50K record limit.

What we are looking for is connecting our Airtable database to something that can handle substantially more records. Basically using Airtable as a “front end” to the larger database.

Currently, most of our records are tied up in the bill of materials (BOMs). Most of the BOMs are not currently active (we aren’t currently building that product), however, we need that BOM data to accurately inform our part purchasing.

We currently have a workaround using Airtable’s table syncing but that has only bought us some time and is not the long term solution.

At the end of the day what we are looking for is a way to use and store far more data than Airtable can handle while keeping Airtable as the place where our employees interact with that data.

10 Replies 10
Trish_c

Hi
Greetings!

I have gone through your post & I would be happy to assist you.

I need some information to share my understanding with you. Rates are very competitive so it won’t be any issue for you

Please add me on Skype so we can discuss further.

Warm Regards,
Trish

Email – trish at cisinlabs.com

Skype - live:.cid.baff7c7dd9471b54

Andrew_Johnson1
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hi Michael,
What you are wanting done is well within my area of expertise and I would be happy to help you out on this.
You can reach me on andrewjohnson56782@gmail.com
Best Wishes,
Andrew

Brenkoh
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi Michael,

I’ve sent you a private message on Airtable.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best Regards,
Brendon.

SergioCodes
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hey Michael,

I think an AWS integration to save all your BOMs records inside an AWS database would work for you.

Whenever you use the BOM, bring it temporarily during that workflow/process inside Airtable; once you finish using it, delete it from Airtable but keep it on AWS.

We can build that for you.

I´m an Upwork top-rated plus consultant:

• 100% Job Success
  • Upwork - Top Rated Plus (Top 3%)
  • 5 Star Rates
  • Expert in Airtable / AWS / Zapier

Here you have some links so you can see my work:

• If you want to find complete information about my work (cover letter, how to work with me, availability, portfolio), please visit the following link

Feel free to schedule an introduction call in the following link

I would be glad to talk about your project,

Best
Sergio

What if the BoMs table is 100,000 records?

A NoSQL database can handle millions of records; the AWS middleware (lambda consuming DynamoDB for example) can get just the records that Airtable would use.

Of course, it would depend entirely on Mike´s workflow, but it seems possible to do it.

A solution in terms of what the client is asking for, but that´s where the discovery call will clarify, and maybe there would be other solutions. :thumbs_up:

Apparently I am not making myself clear - if the BoMs list is 100,000 records and your Airtable account only supports 50,000 records, how will you “bring it into Airtable temporarily”?

I won´t bring the entire BoMs; only those the client needs at any specific point in time; there can also be some pre-processing, so it will entirely depend on the workflow, and what the client would need.

That makes sense, but it also adds a level of UI and workflow that must exist. The real complexity (I suspect) will be when two users want to utilize two completely sets of BoM data at the same time. :winking_face:

I hope Airtable can consider the records per workspace not per base.