1363 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alicia_Cheung
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello, I need help building a tool that does several things. I have an interior design business and I want to be able to input projected hours for each employee, by project. I want to be able to then see their bandwidth several months out.

Secondly, I want to input these hourly projections by project, and create gaant charts by project, so I can track progress of each project, but hopefully all together in one place.

Ideally, there is a place I can input project information, including which employees are on what project and about how many hours we think will be needed by project phase. Then I would love to be able to see this information in different views- calendar, by employee, and by project.

The goal being that I can better plan for staffing needs, see when we will be busier and less busy, so that we can take on more or less work as we see fit.

13 Replies 13

@Nick_Hanoian,

Great article! Can you describe the forecasting algorithm you used in this example? It wasn’t clear to me how the process computes future revenues.

Nick_Hanoian1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thanks for the feedback @Bill.French! This is my first of hopefully many, so I appreciate all the help I can get. The way I use it, once the expected revenues are filled into the Forecast Billings table, you can see the actual vs forecasted in the Billing Periods table. I suppose I should clarify that the actual forecasting component (figuring out how much revenue you’ll be making) is up to the user to fill in based on what they think their clients will pay in each month. To create a more complex model once you’ve got the data, I might try out averaging the forecasted revenues and actual revenues to come up with future numbers, but it’s highly dependent on what kind of billing model you have.

Understood. That’s what I thought.

As a former accountant in a previous life, I found your approach and article to be really well thought out - a great success pattern for other Airtable users. And your writing skills are excellent too.

Here’s a way to approach that challenge with the new Script Block.