cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cvoith
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey guys,

I am looking for a way to help restrict access to certain bases I have in my workspace. I thought using groups was the answer, but that doesn't seem to be it as the groups still have overall workspace access and I can't seem to remove someone who's in the workspace from a base.

We have our workspaces separated by the different companies in our parent company and then within each workspace is a base for the different departments. I have groups for the different departments as well that I was hoping to use to have for example the GFX department have access to only the GFX base.

Does anyone know how I should be using workspaces, groups, and bases to restrict access? I feel I am using these wrong.

Thanks!

1 Reply 1
Ella
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi @cvoith ,

If your workflow allows, it may help to have different workspaces as each workspace can have different collaborators. 

I have tried unsuccessfully to control access to individual bases in the same workspace and had to create different workspaces depending on who I wanted to share the bases with.

Interfaces or a nocode tool such as softr can be useful to restrict access to your data as well.