cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
S_Thurston
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey,
I’ve set-up a rather long form, and I’d like to divide it and give an explanation in that division. For instance, a section header:
“Tell us about yourself” and then a short paragraph below:
The next few questions ask about your name and your job. Fill them in for yourself and anyone in your group who is coming. The form gives space for four people and another spot to add even more if needed. Once you’ve given the names of all the people in your group, skip to “Your Preferences” below.
Is there a way to do something like this?

14 Replies 14
Megan_Eberhardt
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I completely agree! I was just going to make the same suggestion, but found yours. I too am making a long form (converting a rubric) and would like to add section breaks with a brief description of each section.

Note the form view allows one to enter a long description of the form, change field names to something potentially more descriptive or ‘friendly,’ and enter a long help text for each field requested in the form. (The case described by @S_Thurston is supported explicitly; your needs are supported, as well, but may require a little more creativity to implement.)

Feby_Boediarto
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello, did anyone figure out how to include a section heading? The Guide to forms link does not include how to implement a section heading. There wouldn’t be any question associated with a section heading. This is simply a way to break out the form for better user flow.

I have to the same need, is there a work around solution that anyone here can help with?

I’m using a work around. Basically have a ‘Single Select’ custom field type, type in the heading, and then just leave the select options blank. To make it look prettier, I use characters such as underscores above and below the text in the heading, dashes etc…as shown below. On the form, then show the field as a list.
---- HEADING -----
~~~ HEADING ~~~

HEADING

slyfox
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Any updates to Airtable with regard to sections lately?

I thought about this too but in the form, it doesn’t just show the heading, there’s a white box to enter the single text that makes it look like it’s NOT a section. Airtable could EASILY add ‘text’ only field. a Heading of some sort. Also, it would be nice to be able to FORMAT the text in forms. BOLD and CENTRE are pretty basic requirements surely. Especially for the form heading/intro. you can’t centre it!

The suggestion from @Joelle_Dharmakumara was to use a single select field, not single line text.

110_Bis
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello !
Any update regarding this feature ? I also need this Heading / text only field.
Thanks !

Thanks for this! For any others that get stuck with this hack, the key is the last sentence. Click on the question, then next to “Show Field as” click “List”
Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 9.53.44 PM

When making tiles I copy and pasted an upper score the line below my title to make it look like it's underlined. 

Here is an upper score to copy and paste: ▔

aalbert_0-1676054122513.png

aalbert_1-1676054166194.png

Farshad_Ghazanf
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I don't understand why this simple feature is not yet added to the Airtable yet after 5 years!

laf718
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I recommend that Airtable make section headers a feature on forms.

andinkd
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 to this - would love to be able to create sections in my forms in general, instead of making 1 comprehensive and 4 mini forms