cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WWH
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey all, 
I am trying to add two static images within the extension page designer through the image url but after a few hours the images break and stop working. 
I have added the images I want to use to another table within the same airtable base and I am copying the image address to add that to the image url for the static image. 
How do you stop the static images breaking or is there another way to add static images into page designer?

Any help would be amazing as I have googled and read other Q&A's and am completely stuck. 

17 Replies 17
Claire_Barnett
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I'm in the UK and unable to create an Imgur account - However I've found that I can host the images on my own website and use those image urls to add images to my Page Designer docs.

Glad that worked, i'll have to keep in mind next time! Also if you download imgur app anyone anywhere can create an account then you can use those details in the website. 

Mark_Rapacz
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We just ran into this issue with one of the units we set up an Airtable environment for.  We use Google Drive at our workplace, so I set up a shareable/downloadable link in Google Drive that will populate an image placement in page designer.  It does require a little revision to the URL so it's a direct link to the downloadable file, but this Makeuseof.com has a quick guide on how to the set that up.  You can also use this Google Drive Direct Link Generator, which is pretty handy.

Brilliant solution -- thank you! 🙏🏾🌞 Much better than the cluegy work around offered by Airtable!!🤪

I have followed these instructions exactly and I am still getting errors.

WWH

Are you using the direct link from Imgur? 

Mark_Rapacz
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi WWH,
I found a way to do this that might be a little less of a hassle.  I created a Google Site (you can spin one up free with a Google Account), uploaded the image I needed to that site, published the site, then copied the image URL from there.  Seemed to work fine.
Thanks,
Mark

The Google Drive Direct Link Generator is throwing an error now. 😩