cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ronni_Eloff
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I just read this Contacting Airtable Support about bugs

Says to use the In-App to contact Support.

SO — how do we contact support when we’re getting this

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jason
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

This incident has been fully resolved. Our apologies again for the disruption, and thank you to everyone for your patience.

See Solution in Thread

13 Replies 13

Airtable is currently down.

Current status is on this page:

https://status.airtable.com

SWEET – Thank you so very much - Bookmarking that link.

5th time this last two weeks that I’ve been getting this and it’s been affecting my very small business.

Another global outage in a week, yup.

Bob_Clarke
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Well that was perfect timing. I just finished launching a major implementation for our company and right in the middle of a training session (including management) AirTable goes down. … and I was the one who convinced the team and higher-ups to use this platform. … Ouch!

@Bob_Clarke :persevere: … that’s no fun.

Yeah, the reliability of Airtable is really coming into question these days. It’s making a lot of us look very bad to a lot of people.

The user interface is currently back up again, but the API is still down. :frowning:

If they are doing clustering - where not all connections are on one server - they would not have this kind of outage if someone uses an API wrong.

I may be a few years out of the Client/Server space, but load balancing, failovers, and limiting others to impact others was a key to having stability.

And Bob- that sucks. I’m in the middle of a video production- gathering release forms.

I highly doubt that they have a concept of these things.

That is not very comforting.
Spent since 1998 in large enterprise multi million transactions per second complexes.
If they are not set up to scale - then this is just going to get worse.

Airtable is using AWS for this stuff…

I’m sure they have some concept of auto-scaling servers, failovers, multi-region redundancy, and load-balancing in place, since these are all services offered by, and handled by AWS. But even with the best of setups in a solid service like AWS, scaling software is complicated.

Jason
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hi everyone,

Following our earlier downtime we have implemented a fix and are monitoring the results. Our public API is currently disabled so some services remain unavailable while we continue to monitor this issue.

We expect our public API to be up and running soon, and we will keep you updated on our progress. We deeply apologize for the disruption to your team.

Please let me know if you have any questions or additional issues.

agree @Jeremy_Oglesby - it would not be possible to run a service like Airtable without auto-scaling, clusters, redundancy, etc. My very small agency uses this kind of set up on our client apps and to say that we are a fraction of the size of Airtable is to overstate the case by some margin! So, for sure, the Airtable guys have all of this and more in their toolkit. Doesn’t mean it isn’t frustrating when it goes down, but I know they do this.

Jason
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

This incident has been fully resolved. Our apologies again for the disruption, and thank you to everyone for your patience.