4015 12
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Russell_Findlay
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

A huge draw back for me of Airtable is its limited Zapier integration - and the fact that it can only trigger on new record (and in view) - I really need this to trigger on updated field / record.

I know I can do this with Integromat but don’t want to introduce a new app to my stack.

There seems to have been some discussion of this some time ago… but quiet recently - is there another hack or imminent zapier development?

Thanks

12 Replies 12

But (am I correct) in saying that you can use the script block system to build and test code that will ultimately be used in a triggered script (i.e., copied into a trigger action)?

Yes, that’s definitely doable. The only possible drawback to developing in the scripting block first is if you want to do something in the triggered script that is prohibited by the scripting block. Aside from that, testing in the scripting block is a great idea!

Indeed, and this is where software configuration management invades the rapidly-expanding world of codeless solutions. It’s difficult to test parameter-passing in a script block, so that approach requires code that is not supported in triggered actions.

Clearly, these are two worlds that are not intended to mix, but they should.