Help

Re: Airtable VIEW's UI is slowly improving, and in the right direction!

1460 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

airtable VIEW’s UI is slowly improving, and in the right direction!
Bravo and thanks AIRTABLE DEV team !
I’ve already often weighed against the VIEWs in the SCRIPT-BLOCK section but when it evolves in the right direction, it doesn’t leave me indifferent.
UI-VIEW-Airtable-2020-06-04-at-09_59_59
Most importantly, AIRTABLE DEV team, keep going, read the Product Suggestions about the most requested VIEWS UI and features and don’t stop on the way !
olπ
@Jason @Kasra

12 Replies 12

I agree with @Markus_Wernig. The #1 thing that I dislike the most about Airtable is this new view menu. It’s so wrong on like 5 different levels.

Gordon_Szulc
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

No matter what the final decision is on which way to go with the sidebar, I would like to see consistency, those that share my base as editors cannot see the new sidebar at all. This creates great confusion when trying to talk someone through how to use the UI as they cannot ‘see’ what I am seeing.

Agreed; as someone who often switches between views, the old view menu is hugely annoying, since I first need to click to get the list of views; on the other hand, with the new layout, I can just click immediately on the view that I want.

Clearly, people use Airtable in different ways and have different preferences, so a single solution is not going to satisfy everyone, particularly for something so important; thus, users should simply be given more choices as to the behaviour of the panel (ability to switch between the old and new menu/option to auto-hide panel/etc.)