1207 6
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brent_flanders
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

As a public service effort, I’ve created a Base with a Read only link to a specific view that shows what is open in our community (sorted by Open Now then Type) due to the Coronavirus, and can easily post this view for public access. This is a big question as it fluctuates by the day.

Creating this Base was easy with the appropriate fields, e.g.
Open Now, Type (Healthcare, Grocery, Restaurant, etc.) Name, Address, Phone, Email, Contact

This would require the ability for organizations to be able to Create and Edit a number of rows in the Master Base, without being able to edit the rest of the Master Base, and then the public view would obviously be updated in real-time.

Any thoughts on how to achieve this (forms, integrations)?

Even if I had to create the initial records in the Master Base, they would need to ability to keep the Open Now field updated.

6 Replies 6
Jason
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hi @brent_flanders, we have a support article that walks through accomplishing this with Zapier. Hope this helps, and thanks for finding ways to help your community!

Thanks Jason, I’ll check this out

Jason,

I created the multi-step Zap per the documentation, this is what it shows upon RUN

Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 6.07.29 PM.png

The Main Base new record is created, the Duplicate Base is not updated.

I’ve tried everything I can think of without any luck.

Brent

Pete
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Sorry for the trouble here!

Zapier troubleshooting can be a bit tough for us over the forum. I put together this screencast which walks through another possible approach for updating records by form.

So you have it, here’s a link to the base from the screencast. You can copy the base to your own Airtable account (and in turn explore how the fields are configured) by clicking Copy base in the top right corner.

Is this helpful?

Understand root cause analysis via email snippets is difficult, just wanted to get that out there before I could back to it.

I’ll check out below.

Thanks!

Brent

That is a good workaround for small projects for sure, thanks.

I’m trying to create a database that has unique and secure access to a specific number of rows in the main table for individual organizations, and have their status posted via an open view to the public.

Any suggestions? Obviously Forms with Edit access would go a long way.

Brent