Help

Re: Can I remove myself from a shared base?

Solved
Jump to Solution
1874 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nick_DeAngelis
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is there a way for me to remove myself from a base which someone has shared with me? I no longer want it to appear in my “bases shared with me” section

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jeffrey_Holmqui
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I know this is old, but this was the first thing I saw when Googling this very question. Here’s how you do it:

Click the down arrow on the Base from the home screen
Click Share
Click the x next to your name

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4

Yes, though I’ve only removed myself once, so I don’t recall the specific name of what to click. In your workspace view, you need to edit the sharing options for that shared base. It might be in the popup menu you get when clicking on the arrow in the corner of the base icon. You’ll know it when you see it, as it will list you and others with whom the base is shared. I believe there’s an X that you click on to remove yourself from the share list.

Jeffrey_Holmqui
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I know this is old, but this was the first thing I saw when Googling this very question. Here’s how you do it:

Click the down arrow on the Base from the home screen
Click Share
Click the x next to your name

Kathryn_Moncrie
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Took me a long time to figure this out! None of the things listed still existed in the app anymore and the “help” section of AirTable gave no explanation for how to do this that I could find!

Finally! I figured it out. I’m using a Mac desktop, so not sure if that matters…

on the icon that you want to delete is an arrow and in the top right corner is an oval with a people icon and a number that the base has been shared with. if you click that, the list of shared people pops up and if you click on the X next to your name, a s Jeffrey said, you remove yourself!

Woohoo! only took a day to figure out! Maybe a simple explanation in the AirTable manual???

The comment right above yours mentions a method that still works. Click the arrow on the base icon from the home screen (the arrow appears when your mouse is hovering over the icon), then click “Share.” That brings up the Share Planning dialog. That’s where you found the line with your name that contains the “X” to click to remove yourself.