924 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ianonline
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello, can I use date DD-MMM-YY date format like I can with Jotform? Some services will only use the American date format, so I like to use MMM for the month letters, otherwise it’s very easy to mix up the day and month. Tomorrow for example is 10/9/21 - that’s 10th September, unless you’re American then it’s 9th October… sorry, I mean October 9th.

I know I can use “friendly format” which shows the full length of the day and month (i.e “Friday, 10th September, 2021”) and cuts off half the date unless the column is unnecessarily wide.

I’ve looked at this thread but it doesn’t mean much to me:

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the Airtable community!

When displaying a date field in Airtable, you can only pick from the few formats listed in the field customization box. You can use a formula field to show almost any format, but the result will be in the formula field and would not affect the original date field. When I want a less ambiguous way of showing dates, I often resort to ISO format (YYYY-MM-DD)

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the Airtable community!

When displaying a date field in Airtable, you can only pick from the few formats listed in the field customization box. You can use a formula field to show almost any format, but the result will be in the formula field and would not affect the original date field. When I want a less ambiguous way of showing dates, I often resort to ISO format (YYYY-MM-DD)

ianonline

Thank you kuovonne. It’s not ideal, but I guess it’s the best solution.