Help

Can we auto add items to a multi select list from another table yet?

1741 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deko
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I have a database that uses tags. When a new tag is added, I have to manually change everything. This sucks because there are hundreds and hundreds of rows!

I was hoping that I can create a separate table with all the tags in it and when I add tags to that table, it would be available in the dropdown menu. I know I can do this with a linked record?, but the search feature I want to keep would not be available, which is the toggle feature below. The linked method does not show the user what tags there are to use or search by.

Anyway, just curious if this could be done…without having to pay for a service as this project has no funding.

2 Replies 2

No, there is no feature to sync single/multiselect field options across tables. I do not know of any tool, free or otherwise, that is ready made to accomplish this. It is a very buildable project using the Custom Apps API. If you or someone on your team is familiar with Javascript/React, you could build a “field editor wizard” that allows you to edit/add options to multiple single/multi-select fields at once.

Now that I think of it, I may consider building that app.

There is only me working on this right now, and I only know CSS and HTML. I don’t know any back end coding, unfortunately.

I wouldn’t even know where to start building or even using something like that.

Thanks for reply, though!