2332 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sara
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hi, probably it’s a stupid question, but can we run the script in a different language such as Python, HTML, R, etc? I was thinking like in python, we can import a library to write codes in java language, can we do the same here? I’m new to Javascript.

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Greg_F
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Hi @Sara

If you are need to use Python for some specific reason - you can always use Airtable scripting to send data to service like Pipedream.com run Python script there and return the data. Also for JS you can import node modules there.

Other options include Go and Bash😮

In theory you can also run Python scripts in Zapier, but that sounds like terribly painful idea.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
Soly
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi @Sara !
The Scripting Block uses only JavaScript as its coding language. There are ressources available to quick start your learning of JavaScript, you can check this one : https://www.airscript.dev/
Alternatively, this ressource is geared towards those who would benefit from an introduction to JS :

I hope that helps ! :slightly_smiling_face:

Airtable scripts have to be in JavaScript. On the other hand, if you are well versed in a different programing language such as Python, picking up JavaScript should be relatively easy. HTML is a markup language, not a programming language.

Airtable scripts also have to be self-contained–think a single file with no imported libraries.

Greg_F
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Hi @Sara

If you are need to use Python for some specific reason - you can always use Airtable scripting to send data to service like Pipedream.com run Python script there and return the data. Also for JS you can import node modules there.

Other options include Go and Bash😮

In theory you can also run Python scripts in Zapier, but that sounds like terribly painful idea.