cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Agustin_Gonzale
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi everyone,
I have been working with AirTable for three month now and I have some intermediate knowledge about data bases.

I was wondering if it is possible to generate a report that expose the changes log for the entire table after a manual sync of that. For instance, this report should say row 1 changed from XXX to YYY, or like the activity panel that shows in red what was eliminated and green what was added.

Already thanks for your ideas and time,
Agustin

1 Reply 1

Hi @Agustin_Gonzalez and welcome to the community!

I’m not aware of any API access to the current set of change events that Airtable tracks. Perhaps @kuovonne knows.

If there is now access to the internal log data it seems senseless because these are the things we should avoid building ourselves and when we do, we increase the odds of introducing performance issues.

I built exactly this capability using script actions that logged ever record change into another table. While that worked, it was slow and the pace of change in the data tables and the volume was significant enough to force me to push the log data to Firebase which presents a whole new bunch of reporting challenges.