cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datajourn0
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi y'all,

I am trying to figure out if there is a way to change my primary field when I am using data that is automatically integrated from a Google sheet. Basically, I have a Google Form folks fill out and the first question is what their name is. When they submit the form, a row is automatically created in a corresponding Google Sheet, and once that row is completed, a new entry is automatically created in AirTable. However, when the AirTable entry is made, the primary field is the time stamp from when the form is submitted, presumably because this is the first column in the Google Sheet. I was wondering if there is a way to change it so the primary field is the name (the first question that is filled out on the form) instead of the time stamp?

I came across this article (https://support.airtable.com/docs/how-can-i-change-the-primary-field-in-my-table#changing-the-primar...) discussing how to change a primary field and it notes that "We do not currently support replacing the primary field with another field, or changing the field order for the first field position of a table at this time." However, the article suggests copying the data in the existing primary field, putting that data into a new field, and then copying the desired field into the now-empty primary field. My hesitation with this is that it could become a confusing mish-mash as new entries are created or that it would otherwise screw with the automation. My other potential solution is I could maybe change the order of the columns in the Google Sheet itself, but I don't know if that would mess with future entries in the sheet because that is also automated from the Google Form.

Anyways, I figured there is no easy workable solution here, but I thought I would put my query out there in case anyone has ideas to troubleshoot a solution. Thanks for your time! 

0 Replies 0