828 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Clare_Fitzpatri
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi I would like to use the extension to convert URLs to PDFs. It works for sharepoint URLs but I can’t get it to work for google docs - any idea how I do this?
thanks!
Clare

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

The file must be at a publicly accessible url. If the url requires you to be signed in or if it is a “viewer” url, the file cannot be uploaded using code.

Google docs also are not natively stored in a format that can be uploaded at files anywhere. They are cloud based documents.

You can convert you Google doc to a pdf file and then set the permissions of the pdf file so that it is publicly available. Then you can upload that url to an Airtable attachment field.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

The file must be at a publicly accessible url. If the url requires you to be signed in or if it is a “viewer” url, the file cannot be uploaded using code.

Google docs also are not natively stored in a format that can be uploaded at files anywhere. They are cloud based documents.

You can convert you Google doc to a pdf file and then set the permissions of the pdf file so that it is publicly available. Then you can upload that url to an Airtable attachment field.

thanks Kuovonne that’s really helpful :slightly_smiling_face: