cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aurelien_G
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello Guys,

Thanks for reading this and taking the time to help me out :slightly_smiling_face:

I’am trying to customize my project management table and more precisely to implement a budget line.
Thing is that the budget is not a fix number but a range. When i try to use the currency or the number field i’am stuck with only one possible number.

Could you help me to fix this ?

Cheers

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @Aurelien_G! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: As you’ve discovered, value ranges aren’t allowed in currency or number fields. The best you can do is enter the start and end values of the range into separate fields. If you want to see those combined into a single field, a formula will allow you to do that, though you’ll run into another fun fact about Airtable: while there’s a function for formatting dates, there isn’t one for formatting numbers. The formatting that you see in currency and number fields is there for display purposes only, and doesn’t get passed to formulas that read those fields.

Long story short, if you want your currency/number values re-formatted, your formula will need to take care of that. There are discussions on number formatting elsewhere in the forum, but there’s also a really slick app called “Ready-Made Formulas” by @kuovonne that contains lots of formulas for specific use cases, including number formatting.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @Aurelien_G! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: As you’ve discovered, value ranges aren’t allowed in currency or number fields. The best you can do is enter the start and end values of the range into separate fields. If you want to see those combined into a single field, a formula will allow you to do that, though you’ll run into another fun fact about Airtable: while there’s a function for formatting dates, there isn’t one for formatting numbers. The formatting that you see in currency and number fields is there for display purposes only, and doesn’t get passed to formulas that read those fields.

Long story short, if you want your currency/number values re-formatted, your formula will need to take care of that. There are discussions on number formatting elsewhere in the forum, but there’s also a really slick app called “Ready-Made Formulas” by @kuovonne that contains lots of formulas for specific use cases, including number formatting.

Hello Justin ! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for your feedback and informations !

Best,
Aurélien

vinko_iv
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,

I don't know who might need this solution but here is mine.
Using the fields for currency named "Lowest price" and "Highest price", and the last formula field named "Price range".

In the formula field the formula is:

{Lowest price} & " " & "-" & " " & {Highest price} & " " & "€"

You can see the result in the picture. I added spacebars just to be more visually appealing but you can always remove it. You can change the currency symbol at the end of the formula.
I hope it helps someone looking for a quick fix 😉