2464 13
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Per_Carlen
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I want a simple CRUD for my customers where they can create, read, update and delete records, including child records. What’s the best way of doing this, since form view does not allow the user to enter child records? 3rd party form integration?

13 Replies 13

Hi @Per_Carlen ,

Let’s consider https://miniextensions.com/ by @Moe .

TABLE / VIEW CRUD:

Portal for Airtable

is what I expected but some other Extensions are satisfying particular needs:

• Search Page has a grid but no loggin ;
  • single record URL to view /edit one record by its unique URL ;
  • Grid Editor ;
  • Gallery Editor ;

and more:

I’m not only using miniExtensions for these CRUD useCases
but to get more from my records & field + their values.

Disclaimer: I’m not in Collaboration with miniExtensions.
This review shares my own user opinion.

olπ

Thanks! Does it support adding child records through forms?

If you mean Linked Records, a lot of Form Options about these exist in miniExtensions !
I did not yet try to add NEW linked RECs but linking to existing REC’s List
but it seemed to me I could add some new Linked RECs from FORMs options.

Maybe @Moe could explain deeper, thanks in advance.

olπ

Yes, I mean linked records.

I tried miniExtensions but it seem really difficult to set up.

Per_Carlen
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I managed to set up a form and it does not support adding linked records.

Indeed I had to get used to it a little but from the third table, I played with it :slightly_smiling_face:
You could read that I got the same experience with Integromat and in NOcode in general: I’m coding happily and often in javascript and before that I came from python so 100% code: it isn’t the same UX and many NOcode Components have a lack of reUsability, which I find very limiting in comparison to reusable code !

• You have to start by setting the mandatory parameters to test if the “Model” gives the expected result.

• Then you can add Options and testing them.

• And finally you can polish the interface a bit, not as much as writing the CSS yourself, but it’s not bad at all !

Don’t hesitate to ask question to Powerful Tools and Integrations - miniExtensions for Airtable chat widget bottom right of window: real Humans are answering in short delays during Office Time , and even more !

olπ

I’m quite sure there is a FORM Extension to get this working !
But I didn’t try myself !

I don’t so I’m afraid.

Per_Carlen
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

So there is no way of adding linked records to Airtable through forms?

Per_Carlen
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Really, there’s no way?

Per,

Last I checked there was no way to add linked records through AT’s native forms.

I use miniExtensions quite a bit. Feel free to private message me if you’d like help setting it up or have questions. I’d be happy to help. I remember how daunting it was for me when I was getting started.

Hi! Thanks for your reply and offer. I’ve been playing around with miniExtension a bit and you can indeed add linked records. However, I’ve concluded that I’ll stick with just using Airtable.

Thanks again!