1030 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JuanJun
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I would like to create multiple new row entries from a long text. My current long text looks something like this,
item1,2
item2,3
item3,4
Is it possible for airtable to seperate the entries into multi rows and columns?
Item | Quantity
item1 | 2
item2 | 3
item3 | 4

4 Replies 4

Yes.
You can break value by text formulas.
you can do it by small script
but in your case, i would save as csv, add header fields, remove unwanted double brackets (by replace in notepad) and load it again to new table

Thank you so much for the reply! However, the table is actually live with inputs from a form daily. Is there a way that this gets updated automatically?

To further iterate what I mean, I’d like to convert this format
image1
into this.
image2

Welcome to the community, @JuanJun! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: That kind of text parsing and record creation can be done via an automation triggered by the form submission, but it will require a script to parse the data and create the records. To run an script in an automation, your base will need to be in a Pro-plan workspace or higher.

If you don’t want to (or aren’t able to) run an automation that uses a script, another option would be to use a script that’s run manually in a Scripting app. This option is available to all users on all workspace plans.

With that in mind, do you have any interest in tackling the script yourself, or would you prefer to hire a developer to write it for you?