cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lost_Our_Home_P
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello,

We are using our Airtable to process applications in our programs. We want to use the same application for all applicants but we want the information to auto populate into the correct month column. For example, if someone fills out an application on April 1st, we want their information to populate into the April tab or someone who filled out on March 15th to go into the March tab. How is that set up?

4 Replies 4
Zollie
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Check out the created time field. Not sure what you mean by tabs - would groups be ok?

I think she means that for each month there is a table and she wants a single form to target incoming updates into each monthly table dynamically.

This is not possible, of course, because forms are a function of tables; no form can populate data into any table except for which the form was created.

Architecturally, it’s generally not sound to divide data sets physically; much better to use logical assertions to create data sets such as monthly, yearly, daily, etc. I do believe there are good reasons to divide data sets to match other reporting and organisational requirements. A good example is data flowing in from different business units.

@Lost_Our_Home_Pet_Re, I recommend you create one form (as you suggest) and unify all data into a single table and then use other Airtable features (such as groups or views) to virtualize the different months.

Lost_Our_Home_P

Yes, by tabs we do mean tables. We do currently have it set up with the created time field. I will just have to instruct the daily users to filter by that field when looking for specific months of data. Thank you!

You might want to consider adding a formula field that looks at the created time field and converts it to a month. For example if you named the created time field ‘Created Time,’ this is how you would get the month number:

MONTH({Created Time})

Month words wouldn’t be too complicated of a formula to write either.

Once you have a month column, you could create 12 views, each filtered to a month. Or you could have a master overview that shows all the months, but the data is grouped by month.