cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul_Warren1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello Friends!

I am using Airtable for project management. I want to make sure we have not scheduled more than 6-8hrs of tasks per day for team members/resources. Is there a way to create a calendar view that would show the number of hours of work assigned to each team member?

I’m guessing I might need a Calendar Table and use linked records, but that would destroy the ability to use the Gantt chart.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!
Paul Warren

3 Replies 3

Hi Paul,
I do not think that would be possible, and if it were it would probably be extremely messy as you would have to show each team member, every day with his/her hours (which would be a lot of records). I think it would be much easier to create a system that flags the data you want to track so tells you when there are team members with more than 6-8 hours in a day.
I am not sure what your specific data structure is, but I am assuming that you probably have a table containing all the different tasks with the expected time to complete them and the team member assigned. If this is the case, you could create a script running every day or so and aggregating the work time by date and team member and finding all those team members that have been assigned more than 8 hours in a specific day. The script could then send you an email with a list of all these records.
Hope this helps!

I was afraid of that. I had considered the option of a script, but it would be so nice to include something like this at the top of a gantt or timeline view.

Even a count of the number of records next to the date at the top would be very useful!

hi Paul,
send over a link to your Airtable base if possible (even a duplicate with dummy data) so I can give it a check and see if there is a dirtier solution than a script