cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Clair_Arthur
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Everyone!

I am currently trying to automate my tasks for projects. What I would like to do is have a date that a project is starting and then based on when I need specific tasks done - to have another date populate.

EX:

I am kitting a project on 4/20/2021 this means that I need the gift note for the project to start one week out. How can I have that auto populate when my tasks status of “gift note” is selected.

So to reiterate because this is becoming confusing:
I have a project with a 4/20 deadline
I choose a “single select” task of “get gift note assets” which always will be 2 weeks out from the deadline.

How do I get a date to auto populate when I choose a specific task with the specific timeframe needed.

1 Reply 1

Hello @Clair_Arthur!

What you are looking for could be accomplished in a couple of ways but I believe the simplest would be a formula field!
If you table looks something like this:
Demo+Lessonly+Base_+Projects+2021-04-26+at+4.17.06+PM

You could create a new formula field that uses an If statements to return a date based on the deadline and the asset needed:
Demo+Lessonly+Base_+Projects+2021-04-26+at+4.18.11+PM

Then you’ll get the date 7 days before the deadline populated automatically:
Demo+Lessonly+Base_+Projects+2021-04-26+at+4.20.28+PM

You could also chain IF statements to handle different needed assets:

IF(
    {Assets Needed} = "Get gift note",
    DATEADD(Deadline, -6, 'days'),
    IF({Assets Needed} = "Send extra merch", 
        DATEADD(Deadline, -3, 'days')
    )
)

Let me know if I can help provide any more information, and if this helped answer your question please mark it as the solution :white_check_mark: .