545 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Airtable_Padaw1
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello, we duplicated one table from a base to a new base and a field that originally contained images got converted into a text field that contains the file name of the pictures and a URL. Is there a way to do duplicate the table without this happening? 

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Ah, yeah, that sounds like a table that was created via a CSV or something

Try syncing the table and disconnecting the sync instead.  Here's the documentation for how to do that:
https://support.airtable.com/docs/getting-started-with-airtable-sync

See Solution in Thread

Hi,

it's a sync menu

Alexey_Gusev_0-1709025251921.png

then switch on  "Allow to be synced", then

Alexey_Gusev_1-1709025391433.png

Then you can sync the table, and do as @TheTimeSavingCo said. You can also read instruction using the link provided. The second option "Copy the table" designed for cases like yours, when you don't need sync, but only need to copy the table (or it's part, limited by view). 

See Solution in Thread

7 Replies 7

How did you duplicate the table to a new base?  I just attempted to do this via syncing the table to the new base and then removing the sync and the attachment field was unaffected

Hi,
Yes, that's the way to copy a table to another base.

Alexey_Gusev_0-1708960553029.png

I wonder how did you duplicate yours?

I did not personally duplicate the table, as I had to go through our company's admin. 

In general, almost all the fields were reset to a default (attachment field to text, url field to text, etc). Is importing different from duplicating? The table was renamed "Imported table", maybe that is what's different.

Hi! Thanks for this. I do not actually know how the table was duplicated. As I mentioned in my other reply to Adam, maybe I imported rather than duplicated? May I know what option you chose to arrive at the screenshot you shared?

Ah, yeah, that sounds like a table that was created via a CSV or something

Try syncing the table and disconnecting the sync instead.  Here's the documentation for how to do that:
https://support.airtable.com/docs/getting-started-with-airtable-sync

Hi,

it's a sync menu

Alexey_Gusev_0-1709025251921.png

then switch on  "Allow to be synced", then

Alexey_Gusev_1-1709025391433.png

Then you can sync the table, and do as @TheTimeSavingCo said. You can also read instruction using the link provided. The second option "Copy the table" designed for cases like yours, when you don't need sync, but only need to copy the table (or it's part, limited by view). 

Airtable_Padaw1

Thanks all!