Help

No one else needs to sync Airtable data with figma mockups?

1465 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Damir_Khairulin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer
We've recently published Airtable Sync Figma plugin and we're using it internally but it's surprising to see that there is no much interest from users.
As designers and developers, working with real data in our mockups is essential to ensure accuracy and avoid unexpected issues during development. We expected that this plugin would provide great value to both Airtable and Figma community.
We would love to hear your thoughts, feedback, and use-case scenarios to better understand the demand for such functionality. Let's discuss and help us improve this plugin to better serve the needs of the Airtable community.
3 Replies 3
zuilkowski_
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey Damir to be honest I'm sure that it's not an issue of Figma users not needing it (they do, trust me). Rather it's an issue of them not knowing about it and/or very likely just primarily using figma.

I think what you've built is probably ahead of the curve because at the moment there's probably a relatively small group of users who are knowledgable enough about both figma AND airtable to realize how powerful the tool is that you've built.

I am definitely one of those users though. In fact as soon as I tried your demo I was immediately ready to pay for it because it addresses a gap in my workflow that I've literally been searching for a solution to. Outside of your tool my only other hope was that there could be some way to use zapier (or similar services) to approximate what you've built.

Separately I think that your primary market for this tool is likely folks in mid-market or enterprise environments (people who have budget) but that same market has big caveats. For instance not all of your potential users have workflows that use both of these tools. I've worked on countless teams where the UX group used Figma heavily but because of company IT policy they were not allowed to have airtable.

Separately you have other groups that may use Airtable heavily but who have no exposure or experience to Figma. Think marketing or content groups. They are likely using a combo of airtable, canva, photoshop/illustrator, etc.

In my case I know both tools well enough to know what to search for and your plugin was the first thing that popped up. Would be happy to chat more if you end up seeing this.

hdunitz
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am just now assessing if Airtable will be my new tool for managing user research projects. The Figma plugin is a selling point, as are the multiple possible integrations with other tools I use at my company.

er-minio
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

In my team we are looking for something similar as we started using Airtable for content strings.

I guess what must block most teams in larger orgs (probably us too) is that you'd need reliability and support and they do tend to rely only on official integrations.

I'm going to test the plugin.