cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sean_Lake1
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

DATETIME_FORMAT({Local Time(In Your Time)}, ‘MMMM’
Is the one field for a formula I have, and the source field, {Local Time} is the culprit because I don’t always have date in the field until I actually place a date in there, so of course, I’m getting #ERROR! for EVERY formula field that uses this source date field.

I know I can nest an IF formula, but when I tried, based on another community suggestion(not my question), I got an error, so obviously, I need help with the formula LOL

Suggestions?

I have some other formulas, but I figured I’d start with the easier one first.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Hello @Sean_Lake1!

I think the formula you are looking for would go something like this:

IF(
    {Local Time(In Your Time)},
    DATETIME_FORMAT({Local Time(In Your Time)}, 'MMMM'),
    BLANK()
)

If we have a date in the Local Time(In Your Time) field we will format it, otherwise we will just leave it blank(or you can replace that with whatever you would like to be there).

Let me know if I can help provide any more information, and if this helped answer your question please mark it as the solution :white_check_mark: .

That’s exactly what I wound up doing! Thank you. Something so stupidly simple. Still getting used to how AT works, but loving every moment of it. new discoveries, etc!
Thank you so much!

Have a great weekend!

@Rose_K

As a side note, the third argument in the IF() function is optional. If omitted, it will automatically return the proper BLANK()-equivalent value for the field based on the data returned by the second argument.