cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mikolaj_Wasniew
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello,
In my base I have 2 tables: Users and Emails. They are linked together because one user can have multiple emails.

Users

Id|First name|Last name
1|John|Doe
2|Sam|Harison

Emails

Id|Address|User id
1|john.doe@gmail.com|1
2|sam.harison@gmail.com|2
3|sam.harison@yahoo.com|2

I want to create a form in which user has to provide first name, last name and one or more emails. How can I achieve this in Airtable? Of course after submission data should be stored in tables with correct relationships.

2 Replies 2

Hmm, sadly I don’t think there’s a nice way to do this natively with Airtable forms

Assuming your form is in the Users table, a possible workaround would be to get your users to key in their emails comma separated, i.e. test@gmail.com, test@yahoo.com

You could then have an automation that ran on form submission that would paste those comma separated values into the linked field to the Emails table, which would create a single record per comma separated value

If you want your users to be able to have separate input fields for each email, I think you might have to look into a third party tool like miniextensions or something

@Mikolaj_Wasniewski Is there a maximum amount of emails that you want to allow? For example, 5 emails? If so, you could create 5 separate email fields on your form, and then after the form is submitted, create an automation that takes those emails and puts them in the appropriate place.

Otherwise, as @Adam_TheTimeSavingCo mentioned above, you would need to use the form from MiniExtensions.com or On2Air: Forms to create linked records by using the form itself.