cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Imee_Lee
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

On this view,

I need to create groupings based on the Max Price and Listing Price.

The amount should match, but when I tried to do the grouping it did not show the correct numbers.

here's the current setup.

Screenshot 2023-11-01 at 2.42.07 PM.png

Here's the outcome.

The Max Price Should be $280k but why is it that the Listing Price of $285k was included on this group which supposedly was not?

Screenshot 2023-11-01 at 2.38.34 PM.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Arthur_Tutt
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hey @Imee_Lee ! I think I've got an alternate solution for you. Recorded a Loom Video here to walk you through step by step 🙂

Essentially this is an automation that will link your Hit List Clients to your Rejected Properties, based on the Property Listing Price, and their Min/Max Purchase Budget. I'll show you my example here:

*** REMEMBER TO UPDATE ALL TABLE / FIELD / VARIABLE NAMES TO MATCH YOURS ***

Sample Base Setup:

Screenshot 2023-11-01 114041.png

Desired Output - Properties are now grouped by Hit List Clients that land in price range.

Screenshot 2023-11-01 114057.png

Automation Setup:

Screenshot 2023-11-01 114217.png

Screenshot 2023-11-01 114249.png

Script Input Variables:

Screenshot 2023-11-01 114542.png

Script:

// get property table
var propertyTable = base.getTable("Properties");

// get client table
var clientTable = base.getTable("Client Briefs");
var clientQuery = await clientTable.selectRecordsAsync({fields: ["Client", "Min Purchase", "Max Purchase"]})
var clientRecords = clientQuery.records;

// get input variables
var inputConfig = input.config();

// get properties input variables
var recordID = inputConfig.recordID;
var listingPrice = inputConfig.listingPrice;

var potentialClient = [];

for (var i = 0; i < clientRecords.length; i++) {
        if (listingPrice >= clientRecords[i].getCellValue("Min Purchase") && listingPrice <= clientRecords[i].getCellValue("Max Purchase") ) {
            potentialClient.push(clientRecords[i])
        }
    }

console.log(potentialClient)

// Update Potential Client Record
var updates = [{
  "id": recordID,
        fields: {
            "Potential Client": potentialClient
        }
}]
console.log(updates)

await propertyTable.updateRecordsAsync(updates);

Last thought : remember that the trigger of "Enters A View" will only trigger when there is a state change and a new property ENTERS the view. This means that any properties ALREADY in the rejected properties view will NOT trigger the automation. One way to solve this is to trigger them manually (like I did in the video). Or alternatively you could temporarily remove them from the view and re-add them. This will trigger the automation.

Let me know if this worked for you!! 

See Solution in Thread

13 Replies 13

Hi,
it's usual grouping work. Maybe you need some other function?. What is your desired output?
If you want to see records where Max Price=Listing Price, you should add formula field
Example:   IF({Max Price}={Listing Price},'Prices are equal')
and then filter by this field. And then maybe group, if you need

Arthur_Tutt
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hey @Imee_Lee ! Is this a follow up from your previous post? I've been meaning to get back to you. I still need a bit of clarification on what you're trying to achieve here. For example, let say you have a rejected property with a Listing Price of $500k, do you then want an output of all the clients that that falls within their budget (say Min $300k to max $600k)? If so I can test around some automation ideas to make that happen.

I don't believe what you're proposing in your question will work. If a record has a Max Price of $280k and a Listing Price of $285k, those values will never be equal and can't be grouped together, so I'm trying to think of alternate ways to achieve your objective here 🙂

Imee_Lee
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello @Arthur_Tutt Thank you for following this up.
Yes it's related to the other post, I was able to use Junction to connect.
And my issue now is this if you could please check if it's possible

Arthur_Tutt
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hey @Imee_Lee ! I think I've got an alternate solution for you. Recorded a Loom Video here to walk you through step by step 🙂

Essentially this is an automation that will link your Hit List Clients to your Rejected Properties, based on the Property Listing Price, and their Min/Max Purchase Budget. I'll show you my example here:

Sample Base Setup:

Screenshot 2023-11-01 114041.png

Desired Output - Properties are now grouped by Hit List Clients that land in price range.

Screenshot 2023-11-01 114057.png

Automation Setup:

Screenshot 2023-11-01 114217.png

Screenshot 2023-11-01 114249.png

Script Input Variables:

Screenshot 2023-11-01 114542.png

Script:

// get property table
var propertyTable = base.getTable("Properties");

// get client table
var clientTable = base.getTable("Client Briefs");
var clientQuery = await clientTable.selectRecordsAsync({fields: ["Client", "Min Purchase", "Max Purchase"]})
var clientRecords = clientQuery.records;

// get input variables
var inputConfig = input.config();

// get properties input variables
var recordID = inputConfig.recordID;
var listingPrice = inputConfig.listingPrice;

var potentialClient = [];

for (var i = 0; i < clientRecords.length; i++) {
        if (listingPrice >= clientRecords[i].getCellValue("Min Purchase") && listingPrice <= clientRecords[i].getCellValue("Max Purchase") ) {
            potentialClient.push(clientRecords[i])
        }
    }

console.log(potentialClient)

// Update Potential Client Record
var updates = [{
  "id": recordID,
        fields: {
            "Potential Client": potentialClient
        }
}]
console.log(updates)

await propertyTable.updateRecordsAsync(updates);

Last thought : remember that the trigger of "Enters A View" will only trigger when there is a state change and a new property ENTERS the view. This means that any properties ALREADY in the rejected properties view will NOT trigger the automation. One way to solve this is to trigger them manually (like I did in the video). Or alternatively you could temporarily remove them from the view and re-add them. This will trigger the automation.

Let me know if this worked for you!! 

Imee_Lee
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi @Arthur_Tutt - I sincerely appreciate the time and effort you have invested in creating this sample database, along with the automations and script.🙌

Your dedication to understanding the core of the issue has been incredibly helpful, and I am genuinely thankful for the level of detail and expertise you've applied. 👏🙌

Your work has significantly contributed to progressing my project, and the effectiveness of the automations you've developed is truly commendable.🤓

I did come across one aspect that seems to require further attention. I've recorded a brief video to illustrate this specific point: I believe addressing this will enhance the functionality even further. 🤞

Thank you once again for your valuable contributions and for being so receptive to feedback. I look forward to your thoughts on the issue highlighted in the video.

Arthur_Tutt
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hey @Imee_Lee Great job implementing that solution so fast! I know it was a little complicated but you nailed it 😊

And thanks for the follow up vid, I've got 2 thoughts for you:

Firstly, to achieve your objective, on line 19 of the script all you need to do is change ">="  to "==", which should look like:

if (listingPrice == clientRecords[i]...

HOWEVER - a word of caution. Using this method means that many properties will NEVER have an associated client. What I mean is that if the listing price is $197,000, no client will have their max budget match exactly that, they'd have $200,000. 

So as long as you're cool that many properties will never be associated with a client, then fine, proceed. But in my opinion you'll be losing many connection opportunities (which is why I set to match in between min and max budgets). But hey it's your business, do as you like, I just want to give you the facts 🙂

Imee_Lee
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thank you @Arthur_Tutt ! It worked!
But I think this is the last one,
The client that I need to gather should only be coming from specific "status".
For this current set up, it is getting all of the clients that have all of our status.

Do you think this is possible?

Arthur_Tutt
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hah @Imee_Lee so close 😂

First thought that comes to mind: the easiest way to achieve this is to add a condition to your Hit List view (or make a new view to include it). If your Hit List view filters only those clients with Active Search, then the automation should only include those clients (and not Settled), because it only looks for data in the Hit List view. Make sense?

Kinda difficult to picture out @Arthur_Tutt  sorry!
Is it possible to give me a sample how to set that condition? please 😅