807 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ted_Perry
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I created a table that syncs with two different google calendars (mine and person2). This table is then linked to our contacts table to have a history of the meetings we’ve had with each contact. There are times where both myself and person2 will meet with a contact and these instances are creating separate records in the meetings table and then both records are being linked to the contact.

How can I avoid this duplication? I thought that I could use an automation to search when a new record is created for another record where the google calendar ID is matches the new record but the airtable ID doesn’t. After that, I was planning on creating a script to delete the found record. However, because this is a synced table, I wondered if this would simply end up running infinitely because the event will attempt to sync each time Airtable sees that there is no record for the event and then the automation would delete it, rinse and repeat.

2 Replies 2

Hi Ted, if you’ve got automations and record spaces to spare, the simplest way to deal with this is to probably:

1. Create a new table which has a primary field of the Google Calendar ID with a link field to the table that syncs both calendars
  2. Make an automation in the table that syncs both calendars where, on record creation, it’ll paste the Google Calendar ID into said link field

This will compile the two together. Seems kind of overkill though

Andy_Cloke
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Data Fetcher’s Google Calendar Airtable integration will get around this duplicate issue.

Set the ‘Update Based on Field’ to the event ‘Id’ field (in advanced settings) and only one event will be created/updated, rather than a duplicate event being created.