1869 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex_N
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Is there a way to update an Airtable record with changes made by API to a row in Google Sheets?

I know Integromat has a ‘Watch Records’ module that does this but I believe it only works with manual changes to a Google Sheet.

I have a JotForm that I use as a sort of approval workflow. The JotForm gets sent back and forth to different people and every time a JotForm is edited, JotForm makes the changes to Google Sheets but these changes don’t make it to Airtable as these changes are done by JotForm by API.

4 Replies 4

Airtable’s Automation triggers only include when a new row is added to Google Sheets, not when a row is edited.

Have you tried connecting Integromat to push changes directly from Jotform to Airtable?

Integromat does make updates to Airtable records when there are Google Sheets changes (using the Integromat Google Sheets extension) but only works with changes done manually. If there are any changes to a Google Sheet row by API, such as when JotForm makes a change, then Integromat does not detect this change.

JotForm updates rows in Google Sheets but on Airtable, JorForm only creates new records.

I meant having Integromat transfer data straight to Airtable, not going through Sheets. What is stored in Sheets such that it has to be a middleman?

Andy_Cloke
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Have you the Data Fetcher extension? It has a robust Google Sheets Airtable integration that will update Airtable records after Google Sheets rows are updated.