Help

Re: Help creating a master calendar for a base?

3195 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Madeleine_Ghill
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi there. I’m trying to build a base that summarizes my company’s social media, email, blog, and event activity and puts it all in a shared calendar. Google calendar on steroids, if you will.

I currently have sheets for social, email, blog, and events. Each of them have their own calendar views to organize things by date. What’s the best way to link up all of these calendars so that you can see everything at once? I’d like to get this to the point where users can filter to see any combination of the four categories.

I don’t want to put everything in the same sheet, because each category is so complex and has a bunch of workflows within its tab. Any suggestions on how to make a big, aggregate calendar?

Thank you!

22 Replies 22

Thank you! You were right. I had a linked record as a date because it’s a date field in its respective table and it appeared to be working but clearly was not.

Frank_Arnold
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

The downside of this linked dates is that you cannot use drag & drop in the calendar view (this doesn’t work with computed values) and you have an additional step with adding the link to the calendar table.

I use for all this stuff the Google Calendar with iCal and so I have some iCal feeds from different tables at one place. If the calendar view would support directly the Google Calendar API this would make some things a bit easier… you could move/add/delete/edit events directly in the Google Calendar (the API implements a bi-directional communication) and changes in the calendar view are instantly updated within the Google Calendar (Google updates the iCal feeds Afaik only once a day)

Dan
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Just here to declare my need for that 3rd case presented, where multiple calendars can exist separetaly, but also together in a “merged” general calendar. I’ll try the proposed solution above, but it does seem limited. I hope this can be one day added as a feature?

Jen_Schuchman
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Our org would also love to see the multiple-calendars-merged-into-one option as an added feature. I guess I’m a bit surprised that it isn’t an option already since it seems like users would want to keep track of schedules across teams and projects in separate or merged calendars.

Nicola_Scarsell
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Other thumb up for a multiple-calendars-merged-into-one option as added feature. Any message from the developers re this? Has it been at least contemplated in their roadmap?

Thanks.

Reade_Tilley
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Another vote for an easy multiple calendar visible on one solution – and in the meantime, big thanks to @W_Vann_Hall for a temp solution, which was very useful on a project today.

Kim_Gooden
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’d like to add my vote for a master calendar for a base. That would be one of the most-used tools for my company.

Users working with consolidating or replicating sub-calendars into a consolidated calendar might be interested in a scheduling framework I just published. It doesn’t address calendar consolidation directly, as such — but it does address some of the issues that lead users to work with multiple individual calendars…

Alastair_Budge
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’ve just been searching around for exactly the same solution. No update on this? Seems like a very useful feature for teams to be able to see one unified calendar across multiple functions. The workaround proposed by @W_Vann_Hall is great, however imperfect.

Any update from anyone at Airtable on whether this is a feature that is on the roadmap?

@Matt_Bush has the development team considered making a Calendar block, or any other solution to allow us to add records from multiple tables (perhaps color-coded by table)? This would be killer for a couple bases I have.