493 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nasw95
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I've figured out how to create a formula that outputs a date that Airtable understands as a date (rather than a string of data) and have it appear on a calendar BUT is there a way to be able to drag said  item across the calendar so the dates change automatically? (as you would if you if you were just using calendar dates entries)

2 Replies 2
Airbid
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

You can only move dates around on the calendar in airtable if you use the date field for start and / or end fields, so without knowing more context to your scenario, the way to achieve that for you would be to use automations to copy the formatted date string from your formula to a date field whenever it changes

@Airbid your automation solutions sounds like it could help. Could you clarify how I could build this automation?To give you an overview, I've created formulas that when a project's desired end/goal date is entered,  it calculates backward auto populating earlier milestone dates showing us when a project should be started. Ideally, in the calendar view, we'd be able to slide the time frames back and forth on the calendar automatically which would update the various milestone dates accordingly (which you are able to do if the date fields had been entered manually in the table). Please let me know if this helps clarify what I'm trying to do. Thank you so much!