cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sam_Giovenco1
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi There,

Seeking some assistance on how to use the rollup function.

I have two tables, one where all the actual data exist ie number of opportunities, one line per opportunity. Can be multiple in a single day. We have a status column to indicate what stage the opportunity is at and in this case i want to rollup status “funded” for a date range…for example month to date.

I have setup a table that has my forecast and for each day what the running MTD target is. What i wish to do is measure for each day the difference between Actual funded for the MTD figure against the forecast for corresponding period.

Example setup is attached but is showing zero so not working.

Look forward to hear of solutions.

Cheers

Screen Shot 2022-06-18 at 12.36.16 pm

7 Replies 7

Hi Sam, would love to help but could use more information

Could I get screenshots of the following please?

1. The Applications Import linked field with linked records in it
  2. The Applications Import table with the linked records from the previous screenshot visible, as well as the NAF field

And with reference to the screenshots, an example of what you would want the rollup to display

Thanks!

Thanks Adam,

Ive kind of got it to work but requires me to select the records to rollup which i want it to do itself as there are too many.

Mouse_Highlight_Overlay

The below screen is the raw application data sample
Screen Shot 2022-06-18 at 3.45.22 pm

Hey Sam, hmm, given that Table 1 (the consolidated data table) has it’s primary key as the date, we can just use an automation to paste the Date value from Table 2 (the raw data table) into the linked field

autolink

Does that help?

You can find the setup here

Sam_Giovenco1

Adam, that is legendary…ive managed to make it work in my data.

Now a fresh problem is i need a running tally of the results to compare Forecast MTD to Actual MTD… this is currently how i have the data setup
Mouse_Highlight_Overlay

Hey Sam, glad I could help.

I’ve got a vague idea of what you’re trying to do, but could you share a bunch of example data as well as the expected output please? That way I can be sure whatever I give you is exactly what you’re looking for

Sam_Giovenco1

Hi Adam,

See attached screen, i need it it to calculate a running MTD figure…once i have that i can then create a formula to work out the variance as we travel through the month.

Column D is what i need to solve which is a running tally of column C.

Screen Shot 2022-06-20 at 3.29.07 pm

Cheers

Hi Sam, thanks for the example. I’m assuming that “month to date” is reset every month. I’ve updated the base linked previously with a solution that should work for your purposes of getting the data in column D, and is powered by the automation “Create links every day”

How it works:
At 12 am every day, it will run and do the following:

1. Look in the Consolidated table for the record which has the value Yes in the field Is Today? to find the record we need to update
  2. Look in the Raw Data table for records which have the value Yes in the field This Month? to identify records with dates for the current month
  3. Paste the record IDs from Step 2 into a linked field of the record from Step 1. Note that this is a different linked field from the one we created previously.

This will enable us to do a rollup that gets the total for the month that’s correct to that day.

Let me know if you have any questions

Raw data:
Screenshot 2022-06-20 at 6.24.45 PM

Consolidated:
Screenshot 2022-06-20 at 6.19.56 PM