313 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lucas__mar
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello! I'm trying to avoid using Google Forms to keep everything in Airtable, but have some trouble creating the matrix-like question in Airtable Forms (check attached image). Is there a way to create this or is it impossible? Thank you!

Screenshot 2023-06-18 122128.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

That is impossible with Airtable’s forms.

You could use JotForm or Google Forms to create that, and then use Make to send your form submissions to Airtable.

There can be a bit of a learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video for Make, along with providing the link to Make’s free training courses.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

That is impossible with Airtable’s forms.

You could use JotForm or Google Forms to create that, and then use Make to send your form submissions to Airtable.

There can be a bit of a learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video for Make, along with providing the link to Make’s free training courses.

JAJH
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Scott, you're a busy guy. I am corresponding with you in another AT forum! Glad that you're out there!

I am building a choice matrix question like the one in this thread using fillout.com. The form is integrated to its table in Airtable. 

Any suggestions or comments about how/whether the matrix choices will map to the linked Airtable table? Maybe I need to manually create a series of single select fields for each row of the matrix and somehow link them one by one? Seems kinda clunky!

Thanks.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Ha, thank you!

Mapping matrix choices to Airtable can be challenging, and it depends on how you've setup your Airtable base.

There is no right or wrong answer on how to setup your Airtable base, but the one right answer is to always use Make's integrations and automations to map your form data into Airtable.

Make has native support for Fillout.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld